Interested in Wild Swimming in Scotland? In addition to the sharks and spectacular wildlife, we also visit some amazing swimming spots. Pristine and remote white sand beaches, secret lagoons and hidden lochs on islands. Even tidal races which we can effortlessly drift down watching the underwater world go by! We can run tours year round and thankfully with the gulf stream the water does not drop below about 7-8 degrees (in the sea) in the height of winter. So for those hardy winter folks, we can have magical, sunny, flat, calm days with the whole place to yourselves! Expect temperatures of 13-14 degrees in peak summer.
Most of these places are only accessible by boat, otherwise they require a multiple car, ferry and hiking mission to get to them. Why not book a Wild Swimming Scotland day where you can relax aboard our large cabin RIBs and be served with hot drinks and yummy home baking on your journey. After experiencing stunning scenery and wildlife watching, arrive into pristine spots, miles from civilisation and be the only ones there. No pollution, no impact, no worries!
We are a snorkelling and diving operator and can rent you warm wetsuits (7mm), boots, hoods, gloves, fins, masks and snorkels if you need - see our gear hire page. We always have a swim guide with you so there is always safety cover, along with full first aid and oxygen. At any time you can get back aboard the boat. It's perfect for those who aren’t so confident as we can really look after you - as well as letting those half swimmer-half fish off the leash!
People won’t believe you when you tell them about these places until you show them the pictures. Non swimmers are welcome along with those (mad folk) who are keen to swim without wetsuits (although not with the sharks).
Although we can run shorter trips from Oban, multi-day itineraries are the best way to explore the area and we recommend a 3 day tour.Contact us
We run both day and overnight tours from Oban – easy to reach from all over Scotland. It may also be possible to pick you up from Tobermory in Mull or Arinagour in Coll - contact us to discuss your options.
Choose from the following day swimming adventures:
- Swimming with the mighty basking sharks. See here for some images.
- Visit a seal colony with crystal clear water, stunning reefs, seagrass beds and white sand beaches for exploring islands. See here for some images.
- Travel to hidden, cliff-lined bays with super clear water – swim between the bays.
- Remote waterfalls
- Head into the Corryvreckan whirlpool for the Corryvreckan challenge. We have had a number of groups successfully attempt this. See below for a (iPhone) video of one from 2015.
- Tidal race swim - drift through rocky islets pushed by the current, watch the marine life whizz by.
- Land on Tracey Island – hidden from the view, a loch lies in the centre of the island. A completely unspoiled and unexplored place, you will be the only ones there. Check out relics hidden underwater from the last century and explore the island.
- Swim round a shallow shipwreck, covered in marine life -an otter also uses this as a fishing spot. No roads or habitation, only reachable by boat.
- Wild swimming in Fingal's Cave.
- We can provide swimming routes between islands for those who want more of timed/ distance swim rather than exploratory and fun swimming.
Prices vary from one day tours from Oban to multi-day tours where we can organise group accomodation. It's best to contact us to discuss your interests and we can advise on a bespoke schedule.
To book spaces please submit this form here. Numbers strictly limited so book your space well in advance.
50% deposit required and tours balance will be due 4 weeks in advance.