Expedition Clean Up!
Watch the video below that we captured Saturday whilst visiting this amazing location on Mull. The beach is such a complete mess!!!!!! Here's the list of things we need to figure out to make it happen.
What we need!!
1) 16 volunteers to help with the mission - last minute. (W/c9th April). Volunteers need be prepared with warm clothes/waterproofs & strong shoes. We need to land via dingy onto a rocky/pebbly shore so people need to be fit and able to move about on this type of place, along with being able to carry bits and pieces back and forward to the dingys and then back out to the main boats.
2) WEATHER!!! This is an exposed location which is why the junk has been focussed in there. It's 90min from Oban by RIB and can be dangerous landing & anchoring. So we need good weather to get there to start. (TBC - likely w/c 9th April)
3) Transport - The location is remote with no land access. Two fast RIBS for passenger/junk transport to/from Oban. It's 90min by fast boat (20kts) and also exposed so need speed and comfort. (Sorted)
4) Two Dingys for people/junk transport to from shore (Sorted)
5) Oban Vehicles (pick up/vans) - move plastic to dump/recycling (need vehicles organised) UPDATE - Thanks A&B - they will help us with a vehicle to pick up the junk.
6) Confirmation A&B Council happy to accept junk. UPDATE - Sorted thanks A&B!
7) Monies - £740 to cover cost only basis for RIB transport & some cover dingy engine fuel. See here for crowdfund page to donate to the cause.