One of the cheaper and more organic ways to experience the sharks if for us to run the expedition from Arinagour on the Island of Coll.
This is one of the best places to be based as during summer the sharks will often come into the bay and even swim under the pier! The island is idyllic and unspoiled!
Arinagour is a beautiful coastal village, a place where everyone says hello and waves – the friendly island! In the village there is the Coll hotel and bar along with the Island Cafe who all serve amazing food. There are a couple of small grocery and craft shops/stalls too. The biggest asset though, is the miles of unspoilt coastline! The island has excellent walking along the unspoiled beaches with plenty of wildlife to be spotted along with historical ruins and standing stones.
For any divers on the trip (or even just snorkelers) we will also be able to run a dive and/or snorkel around the pier which an amazing artificial reef! We can do this in the late afternoon or evening. Gear hire can be arranged but space is limited on the boat for tanks/weights.
Our Coll 2- Day Trip is priced at £300 per person.
If you wish to book a group trip based on this itinerary discounts are available and can make this as low as £270pp.
This trip includes;
- 2 Day Shark & Wildlife Boat Trips
- Seal Snorkelling & Watching
- Knowledgable Guides & Experienced Skipper
- Exploration and landing of remote beaches
- Landing at Fingals cave (weather depending)
- Island Landing to see Puffins (weather depending)
- Hot & Cold Drinks + snacks on board the boat
- Overnight Accommodation in Coll Bunkhouse.
- Please bring soft bags aboard the boat (as space is limited) and pack for an overnight trip! hint hint
What you need to bring!
- If you want to snorkel with the sharks please bring snorkelling equipment
- Please contact us if you need equipment as we can hire this to you (http://baskingsharkscotland.co.uk/hire-gear/)
- Lunch for two days and dinner. You can easily cook and make your own meals at the bunkhouse. Otherwise there is a small store, cafe and hotel in Arinagour.
- We have a couple of sets of Binoculars but you might want to bring some too.
- Camera – a must!!!!
- Clothes for all weather! Although the boat is heated, its wise to bring suitable clothes. Whilst it could be hot and sunny, it could be equally rainy. You might wish to make sure you appropriate shoes for landing on the island. High heels probably ain’t gonna work!!!