- One Day Tours
- Multi-Day Trips
- Overseas Tours
- Bespoke Tours and Activities
- Gift Vouchers
Swim with Killer Whales/Orcas in Norway
Swim with the world’s most intelligent predator in the Arctic Circle! Join us in January on a tour to the coastal fjords of Norway to view the spectacular herring migration which attracts large pods of whales. The trips are arranged to allow both boat based viewing and a strictly supervised swimming encounter. This area has also provided our most stunning Aurora Borealis (Northen Lights) experience to date. Along with the orca, there are chances to see majestic humpbacks, sei and fin whales, along with sea eagles, otters, seals and a variety of seabirds. This is all set against wonderful mountainous landscape and magical sunrise/sunset light.
Our base has very little light pollution and there are excellent opportunities for stunning northern lights pictures. If you’re a bit unsure of how to take great photos, we’ll be on hand to run a workshop.
Our in-water encounters are all snorkelling/swim encounters with the orca, no scuba diving. This means anyone with a basic level of fitness can take part as long as you are comfortable with 100m open water swimming and can get on/ off the boat. The weather can be challenging so the right equipment is a must, along with the right attitude.
We have a maximum of 8 guests per boat. This is a premium wildlife experience and in a challenging environment so we tailor the trips as such. Places are extremely limited so booking well in advance is recommended. We are based on a beautiful island in cosy and comfortable lodge style accommodation; the trip is fully catered (vegetarian included). Rooms are on a single occupancy basis with a reduction for couples or if there are same sex passengers willing to share (dependant on other booking guests).
We are in planning for tours in the north during this period. Places will be extremely limited. Please email us to register interest here.
20/03 update - we'll be releasing this for booking very soon. Look out for the email and be ready to book your place quick!Book Now
After meeting at the airport we will take the private bus transfer to our remote base which will take around 90min. On arrival we will check into the lodge, preapre all the equipment, unpack, you'll have some time to get your bearings and we'll do some presentations on what to expect.
After breakfast each day, we'll have a brief morning meeting to advise of the days plan. We'll then get into all our equipment and make out way a short distance to the boat where we'll head out for our whale safaris. We'll be on the water 4-5 hours before dark.
Returning in the mid-afternoon, hot soup will be waiting after braving the elements! You will have some time to review your pictures, have a snooze or even use the sauna.
Our evenings are relxaed after dinner when you can have a drink, join us for some Aurora Borealis photography, evening talks,
Our early bus transfer will take you to Alta airport for your flight to Oslo.
- All our experience running tours to northern Norway since 2012
- Six days whale safari boat trips (maximum days possible weather depending)
- Knowledgeable and experienced guides during all activities
- Snorkelling assistance & guidance
- Group airport transfer
- Seven nights single accommodation on island (twin/double accommodation option available for reduction)
- Fully catered (i.e breakfast, lunch, dinner included - veg/vegan/no fish options)
- Northern lights observation and photography workshop (depending on northern lights forecast)
- Evening talks on whale biology, photography and information
What's Not Included
- Flights to Alta Airport (connection through Oslo) (meeting point and specific flights are required)
- Equipment - full information on what's required is provided on booking.
- Weather or wildlife guarantees! Sorry!