- One Day Tours
- Multi-Day Trips
- Overseas Tours
- Bespoke Tours and Activities
- Gift Vouchers
Swim with Killer Whales/Orcas in Norway
Swim with the world’s most intelligent predator in the Arctic Circle! Join us in November on a tour to the coastal fjords of Norway to view the spectacular herring migration which attracts large pods of whales. The trips are arranged to allow both boat based viewing and a strictly supervised swimming encounter. This area has also provided our most stunning Aurora Borealis (Northen Lights) experience to date. Along with the orca, there are chances to see majestic humpbacks, sei and fin whales, sea eagles, otters, seals and a variety of seabirds. This is all set against wonderful mountainous landscape and magical sunrise/sunset light.
Our base has very little light pollution and there are excellent opportunities for stunning northern lights pictures. If you’re a bit unsure of how to take great photos, we’ll be on hand to run a workshop.
Our in-water encounters are all snorkelling/swim encounters with the orca, no scuba diving. This means anyone with a basic level of fitness can take part as long as you are comfortable with 100m open water swimming and can get on/ off the boat. The weather can be challenging so the right equipment is a must, along with the right attitude.
We have a maximum of 8 guests per boat. This is a premium wildlife experience in a challenging environment so we tailor the trips as such. Places are extremely limited so booking well in advance is recommended. We are based on a beautiful island in cosy and comfortable lodge style accommodation; the trip is fully catered (vegetarian included). There are 7 bedrooms, 6 single rooms and a double/twin room.
Click the booking link below for further details, on prices, dates and availaiblity.
After meeting at the airport we will take the private bus transfer to our remote base which will take around 90 minutes scenic drive through the fjords.
We will be based in the Skjervoy/Kvænangen area using a large twin engine RIB as our boat platform.
On arrival we will check into the lodge, prepare all the equipment, unpack and you'll have some time to get your bearings. We'll do some presentations on what to expect and if time some introduction and familiarisation with drysuits and equipment if you haven't used one previously.
After breakfast each day, we'll have a brief morning meeting to advise of the day's plan. We'll then get into all our equipment and make our way a short distance to the boat where we'll head out for our whale safaris. We'll be on the water 4-5 hours before dark.
Returning in the mid-afternoon, hot soup will be waiting after braving the elements! You will have some time to review your pictures or have a snooze.
Our evenings are relaxed after dinner, join us for some Aurora Borealis photography, evening talks etc.
Our early bus transfer will take you to Alta airport for your flight to Oslo.
- All our experience running tours to northern Norway since 2012
- Six days RIB based whale safari boat trips (maximum days possible weather depending)
- Knowledgeable and experienced guides during all activities
- Snorkelling assistance & guidance
- Group airport transfer
- Seven nights accomodation (6 single rooms and 1 shared room available)
- Fully catered (i.e breakfast, lunch, dinner included - vegetarian/ vegan/ no fish options)
- Northern lights observation and photography workshop (depending on northern lights forecast)
- Evening talks on whale biology, photography and information
What's Not Included
- Flights to Alta Airport (connection through Oslo) (meeting point and specific flights are required)
- Equipment - full information on what's required is provided on booking.
- Weather or wildlife guarantees! Sorry!