- One Day Tours
- Multi-Day Trips
- Scuba Diving Tours
- Overseas Tours
- Basking Shark Research Trips
- Bespoke Tours and Activities
- Gift Vouchers
Four Day Basking Shark & Wildlife Tour
Tour At A Glance
- Based on Isle of Coll, Available August, September
- Low impact small group (max 10) guided by marine biologist
- Snorkelling or boat based passengers
- £720 per person
- Pick up from the ferry terminal, Isle of Coll
This tour is an extra day longer than our 3 day tour and gives increased chances of interactions with an additional day to play with. Or if conditions are good then gain a fuller experience with the basking sharks. It also gives you far better chances with the weather and chances of suitable sea conditions for swimming at Fingal's cave.
You will spend three or four nights on Coll, allowing you to get to know the locals a little better over a wee dram. You'll have a few more chances for early morning and evening otter spotting, or even some late night star-gazing as the island has a dark sky designation. Having a number of nights on the island will also give you a chance to explore a lot further.
The schedule for the trip will be adapted to suit the group on board and the wildlife present at the time. We can spend the whole time with the sharks or add in as little or as much of the other highlights as desired.
Please see our itinerary below and click book now to see availability.Book Now
The itinerary is flexible in order to make the best of the weather and wildlife opportunities and this is a guideline for information only. We may have to do staffa any of the days due to weather and the itinerary can be completely different as we have to work with the conditions. Please also refer to the information document attached to your booking confirmation email for specifics about your trip.
We will meet you at the ferry terminal on the Isle of Coll at approx 09:55 there will be a chance to drop off bags and gather things before heading out for our first day.
We usually head to the crystal clear waters of the islands where there is a large seal colony. With the water only a few metres deep, the visibility excellent and white sand onto healthy reefs, it’s a stunning area. You can see more about this on our seal swimming page which we also run as a day trip from Oban. We may choose a different location if the sharks are closeby.
After a good few hours here, we will spend the rest of the day looking for sharks and other wildlife. Whilst we are in the area, there are also good chances of spotting minke whales, common and bottlenose dolphins and porpoises. We even have rare visitors such as orca, sunfish and leatherback turtles! In addition there are abundant seabirds including bonxies, terns, fulmars, razorbills, guillemots and shags.
The next couple of days we will fully focus on looking for sharks and wildlife, the benefit of the location is we are right at shark central. Depending on the weather we’ll cover all our favourite spots in the area searching for sharks however there are plenty of wildlife watching and snorkelling opportunities in between
On the evenings there are a number of options:
- You can have a relaxing dinner and a drink while appreciating the view
- Take a stroll around the harbour to look for otters, seals & more wildlife
- With long summer nights you could take a longer walk to one of the west coast beaches
The fourth day of the trip is flexible - if you are still hungry for shark action we will head out for more! Depending on the weather we would look to add in some of the island landings today also.
The other thing to remember is the four days gives you the flexibility around poor weather and tricky sharking conditions. It may take us to the fourth day to find them. Of course in perfect weather we can fit everything in, however these tours are about the end goal of seeing the sharks rather than a very rigid itinerary.
To visit Fingal's Cave on the Isle of Staffa we need calm conditions to swim in the cave. It's an amazing experience but we need the right weather to do it.
Check out is at 10am this morning which should give you enough time to pack the rest of your belongings whilst having a leisurely breakfast.
You will return to Oban on the ferry around lunchtime which gives you a few extra hours to enjoy the village, whether that's relaxing with a coffee at the hotel, having a last stroll around the village or catching up on processing all those pictures from the trip!
Don't forget to pick up a t-shirt or hoody before heading home too!
We'll take you to the ferry in plenty time and there is still chances to spot wildlife from the ferry on your journey back to the mainland!
- Four days shark and wildlife boat tour
- Ferry pick-up & drop-off
- Amazing wildlife, scenery and culture
- Knowledgeable and experienced guides
- Hot drinks and home baking snack after snorkelling
- Guided shore excursions and presentations if sea rough
- Onboard binoculars, books and information guides
What's Not Included
- Equipment Hire - please see here for gear hire.
- Weather or wildlife guarantees! Sorry we’d love to be able to do that but we really do believe that our trips give you the best chance of seeing sharks.
- Food - the trip is self catering
- Travel to the meeting point on the Isle of Coll (ferry information here)