Our charter boats are cabin RIBs which are highly seaworthy and built for the Atlantic. During strong winds, we can shelter in some areas to look for wildlife taking short passages of rough crossings. Unfortunately, some conditions are not safe to go out in and tours may need to be rescheduled or cancelled.
On multi-day tours we will adapt the itinerary to suit the conditions. If we are unable to get out on the boat we have some really great alternatives which your guide will explain at the time.
The conditions are closely monitored by our experienced skippers. In bad conditions we will use the most up to date forecast which is made available at 9pm each night. This means that we occasionally have to make a late call to adapt the plan for the following day.
We understand that this can be frustrating – we will give as much notice as possible to minimise disruption to your tour.